Hello my sweet sinners! As a person who has been extremely busy lately I am doing a lot of online shopping. To be honest there are so many things I want to talk about. But the highlight of my purchases is the Kylie Jenner’s burgundy eyeshadow palette and in todays Beauty sin I will be sharing my thoughts on it.
I never thought that I will buy something from Kylie Jenner’s cosmetic line, just because I don’t watch the show and haven’t been interested in watching it. Don’t get me wrong – I have nothing against the Kardashian family. I just don’t watch reality shows in general.
That been said, as a make-up lover I was very curious to try some of Kylie’s products. The burgundy eyeshadow palette was the perfect choise, because I really needed some burgundy colour in my life.
The box that the palette comes in is sturdy and protects the product well. I ordered the palette from eBay and it came in one piece.
When you receive your package you will also find a greeting card, which winks at you seductively 😀 On the back we have hand written thank you note, which is supposed to be from Kylie. This is a cute detail, but I am not sure if you receive this with all regular orders or I just got lucky and bought a special edition one.
Kylie Jenner’s burgundy eyeshadow palette
The Kylie Jenner’s burgundy eyeshadow palette box is the modern carton box which we are used to see lately with magnetic closing. The box is white – which I love, because I adore everything white. But I can already see it becoming really messy.
The lid is beautifully illustrated with Kylie’s eyes crying out holographic tears. The palette is small and compact, which makes it travel friendly and hassle free.
There isn’t a mirror which I can see to be a deal breaker for some people, but not for me. I always use separate mirror anyway.
On the back of the eyeshadow box there is a label showing you the names of the eyeshadows and all of the other important information you might want to know.
First of all kyshadows – great branding idea!
The eyeshadows have velvet finish and high pigmentation. They blend perfectly and are very easy to use. The palette consists of 5 matt, 1 shimmery satin and 3 metallic eyeshadows.
The official colour descriptions of the Kylie Jenner’s burgundy eyeshadow palette you can find here.
Starting from the first row and from left to right we have:
- Naked – which is a beautiful highlight beige colour with silver shimmer. It’s perfect for applying in the inner corner of the eye or right under the arch of the brow, it will highlight and make your eyes appear bigger.
- Beach – is sand like colour, which makes it the perfect transition colour to any make-up look.
- Penny – is a peach colour, which you can use as a transition colour for those golden make-up looks.
- LA – is a gorgeous copper colour with metallic finish, which is very hard to describe. It changes in different light conditions.
- Burgundy – well this colour describes it self, but I think this colour has more of a vibrant pinky tone than a burgundy one.
- Dubai – oh, this is my most favourite colour of the whole palette, actually of any palette that I own 😀 Dubai is deep rose gold, pink-lavender colour with metallic finish, that just makes my dreams come true <3 I can wear it all day – every day!
- Brick – it’s again very self-explanatory colour. This is a beautiful rusty matt colour, which you can use in the outer “V” of your eyes.
- New York – bronze colour with metallic finish. Perfect to spice up your neutral make-up looks.
- Almono – reddish brown / burgundy colour with matt finish. Again you can use this in the outer “V” of your eyes. This colour is so deep, that if used in the crease will help your eyes look wider.
My make-up look
This is the make-up look I came up with:
Eyeshadows used as follows:
- Naked – as a transition colour.
- Almono – in the outer “V” of my eyes.
- Burgundy – in the crease.
- Dubai – all over the lids.